Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Living Each Day

So I am out of the slump from last week, or on the way out. I have had a few thoughts in the mean time about it and just wanted to bring a happier outlook on life from my perspective.

I am in a tough spot right now-knowing where I am going to be and not yet being there. It's too far away to really start living on the high of moving, but too soon to still be focusing on life right now. This is really tough for me and I have decided that I am really bad at living in the present. I am always thinking forward, trying to find things to change to make my life better, and not being content with what is now and today. I live my life too far into the future and place too many expectations on it rather than simply living. I sometimes convince myself that I am being strategic this way, but it's not helping to have this "strategy" because I am usually disappointed.

So, I just need to live today as today or this week as this week. I need to enjoy the rain outside right now and appreciate this not so often day off. I need to be satisfied with the fact that I am still not dressed nor have I really accomplished anything today, but instead think that I am resting for the busy end of the week. This is not easy for me, but I hope that I can get better at it.

Nothing too deep, just simply wanting to reflect on this in order to start changing how I perceive my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment